I have a 16x32 above ground pool, 16" sand filter, GPH around 3000 (I forget the exact number) I also have the Intex salt chlorinator. I've been using this setup for 4 years or so.

This year I have replaced the vinyl portion of the pool and I'm trying to upgrade a few other items. The first to talk about is the Intex Auto Pool Cleaner.

It works on the return line. I've always had air bubbles in my return, but I assumed it was something intentional with the attachment on that end. Never really gave it much thought. Now I'm using the return to power this cleaner, and the instructions hammer home the concept that you *must* remove all the air. Well, my return is literally shooting air bubbles down the hose. Why?

The last thing before the return line is the chlorinator. You can see the water passing through. There are no air bubbles, but the released tiny hydrogen bubbles when it is running. So it has to be happening after that. I am at a loss for troubleshooting this. Any suggestions?

Another issue (which may be nothing) is that the auto cleaner seems to *zoom* around the pool, stirring up debris rather than picking it up. Is the flow rate too high? Is this just how it's supposed to work? I'm used to vacuuming slowly by hand. Inching my way across the bottom so that I don't disturb the debris and I can get it all effectively. It takes me 90 min some days. Thus the desire for the auto cleaner... This is my first time running it, so I'll check the pool in a couple hours and figure out if it is really getting clean or not.

I have searched the internet for both problems, but it's difficult finding answers specific to Intex.