+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My CYA delivery method -don't laugh!

Lightbulb My CYA delivery method -don't laugh!

Yep Thats my pantyhose!
    Yeah I know it's just a little dopey Intex Popup. But using this forum and Ben's site, we learned allot and made our chemical mistakes in this little pool instead of a big one.
    The big one is coming soon.
    This one in the 36'round :
    http://www.swimartesian.com/showroom/pool_diamond.asp
    Or
    Probably this one in the 33'Round: great price. nice people.
    http://www.sunenterprises.com/platinumpools.htm

It's a scary thought to be responsible to keep all that water CLEAR as glass, but
    I feel like this site is my crutch, and w/ it we will be ok.
    Thank You
    ~The Hoffmans

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Default Re: My CYA delivery method -don't laugh!

A picture is worth a thousand words!! You made my day, good luck with your new pool purchase.
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

CToon is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst CToon 0

Seeing how women love to wear pantyhose in the summer , I guess its a good use for em ,,hehe

And I bet you get just as wet in that intex pool as you will in the big pool, so it aint that "dopey"

PatL34 is offline Lifetime Member Widget Weaver PatL34 2 stars PatL34 2 stars

20,000 Gallon IG Diamond Brite pool, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite pump, Hayward Microclear DE3600 filter, Favco solar panels, Poolpilot DIG-220 with SC-48 cell.

+ SWCG OPERATION thread here: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=1226
    + SWCG Running Costs post here: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=316
    + Effective Stabilizer addition post here: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?p=6645

Finely a good use for a floating puck feeder! Little pool.... big pool same chems. Good luck.
    Steve

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Yep Thats my pantyhose!
    BRILLIANT! Necessity is the mother of invention and you've just invented the PERFECT CYA delivery system. I dub this: "The Hoffman Delivery System" This is the BEST use around a pool yet for the wife's torn pantyhose! You said "don't laugh" but I AM laughing! How can I not?

Yeah I know it's just a little dopey Intex Popup. But using this forum and Ben's site, we learned allot and made our chemical mistakes in this little pool instead of a big one.
    The big one is coming soon.
    Hey! I resent that! Our first pool was a 15'x3' Intex Donut--back when they were surprisingly expensive. For 3 years we loved it (though I had water problem the first year--until I discover this place). There is NOTHING wrong with a starter pool. The water is JUST as wet, it's better for small kids because it's not too deep, and when you are sitting in a floating chair, in the late afternoon, on a hot day, with a cool drink, listening to the ball game, it's JUST as relaxing as the big pool!

Yeah, the filter is a little weak, the ladder is dinky, and you have to be creative to have an effective vacuum, but I learned an IMMENSE amount taking care of it, bought Ben's PS-232 for it (worth every nickel), and developed the confidence to take on the FantaSea project that's 16'x40' and nearly 20,000 gallons.
    Carl

Yep i had a 18' pop up for 3 years also...it did it's job we just got a 15x30 and gave the pop up to my wife sister.

Okay, dumb question time. I just poured three pounds of CYA in my skimmer a couple nights ago. What's the advantage of doing it this ingenious way as opposed to the way I did it?

The Raddish == total noob

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

When you put the cya in the skimmer it goes directly into the filter, it takes a while to dissolve, so you can't backwash for a week, or you may backwash the cya right out. That is the advantage of not putting it in the skimmer. If you just put the cya in the pool, it will lay all over the bottom until it dissolves, that is the advantage of the ingenious inventions on this forum!
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Gotcha.

I'm not too worried then about adding it to the skimmer. My pool is crystal clear and there is no need to backwash any time soon. Also, I tested my CYA this morning and it is now a little under 30ppm, but not much. The Taylor test kit doesn't read under 30ppm. I added three pounds of CYA a couple days ago since I just installed a new liner.

Pouring it in the skimmer was just easier, and since the install was brand new there isn't going to be a need to backwash for a while.

Speaking of that, wouldn't it just be prudent then to backwash right before you put in the CYA, that way you'd be good to go for a while and render any need to be creative with CYA distribution useless? Or is it an issue with filters other than sand filters that you don't want to pour CYA into the skimmer?

+ Reply to Thread