I went to my first meeting last night with a pool dealer. He sells fiberglass, liner and gunite pools and he also does Salt water, chlorine and chlorine/ozone systems.

We discussed all of the options, I want a small pool (10x20) with a small inground spa.

He recommended a gunite pool with a chlorine/ozone system. He told me that fiberglass fades too much in Louisiana. He said with the new gunite products that would be better and he said he was trying to get out of salt water because of the rust issues with pool components.

So he gave me a price on an Ozone/chlorine system, sand filter, gas heater, and the magnetic pumps.

I just want to see if anyone has any comments. I am waiting until after hurricane season to purchase, so I have time to research. I just don't want to invest a lot of money for a pool that I am not happy with.

I have managed aquariums before, so I understand the concepts behind the magnetic pumps, saltwater and ozone systems.....I just can not seem to translate that into the best pool for my needs.

Please give any and all opinions, references and I thank you all in advance!!!!!