hey guys just stumbled onto this site via google searches. my pool is pretty cloudy. a few days ago it was dark green with two dead birds in it, so ive made some progress but its not useable yet. i have an above ground pool , 24' round. sand filter.

so my levels are all good besides my ph. ph is pretty low. i added 30 pounds of some stuff from the pool store but after two days the ph has dropped again. initially i was going to go back to the pool store and buy some more stuff. but i saw how you guys gave tips and pointers on alternatives to overpriced pool stuff. such as bleach instead of chlorine. i briefly remember baking soda ...for alkalinity possibly..?

anyway. is there a cheap alternative to raise ph that i can get from walmart of sams club etc?

ive been running my pool filter nonstop but the pool just wont clear up. i did try some clarifier but so far its a no go.

im sure this is an extremely overanswered situation, but since im new here i have a bit of restricted access so my best bet was to start this thread.

thanks in advance guys. and thanks for having me on your forum