Hey All,

I'm a young guy in the military and i bought an older house with an old pool. When we bought the house the pool was sold "AS IS". It doesn't appear to have been operational in a few years but i am in the process of draining and cleaning out all of the algae and debris. I'm borrowing a pressure washer today to continue the cleaning. Ok well it is an inground concrete pool and i am assuming that it was plastered but the plaster is very rough on the bottom of the pool and stained. There are some holes in the plaster where the concrete is showing on the stairs in the corner of the pool. I cant afford to contract the work out but i feel that i would be capable of doing most of it myself. Prior to the military i prepped and installed epoxy floors in factories so i would be most familiar with that type of thing for resurfacing. I know the old 1 h/p pump is done and i am planning on replacing the old sand filter at the same time. Another thing i have been considering was a salt water system. So basicaly I have the shell of a pool that needs to be recoated (i am leaning towards ultraguard? any help?) i will be purchasing a new pump, filter and anything else i run into along the way. I love the idea and of having a pool and i understand it is alot of work but i've never been scared of that. Any suggestions would be of great help, even possibly where to start.