New pool a long time coming. Long story short pool builder said he has "built a ton of pools" in the city where I live. Nonetheless, he has run afoul of city inspectors again and again. Has just dug up behind the pool, and wrecked our irrigation system after we finally got it back in operation after four months, because he had not had a particular inspection done earlier. Started this trip in mid May. Pool filled first of October. Some equipment not connected correctly, and heater still not connected. We're in Katy, Texas (west of Houston).

I found this forum as an alternative to another one that seems to be managed by closed-minded know-it-alls. However, I did buy their test kit, which seems to be quite comprehensive and useful, at least for the first few times I've used it.

I can't add a signature yet, so here are the pool specs if pertinent.

Approx. 39x18 freeform plus spa gunite and plaster inground. 3.5 to 6ft deep. Pentair Intelliflo vsf filter pump and cartridge filter, booster pumps for cleaner and water features, Paramount O3, UV, also 3" inline chlorinator, Pentair heater. 13,500 gallons according to pool builder, but I'm not sure about that since a final computer rendering has still not been done.