Sooo.... come back from vacation and my most recent pump seized. I need a new pump. Would appreciate any recommendation!

The whole system is 30 years old (1989). At the very least, this is the fourth pump. I don't know what the original was, which hopefully was properly sized with the pool but ... mute, since I have no information. After I got the house in 2002, the pump was replaced 1-3 years later under a home warranty. Then some point later (at least 10 years ago), it was replaced with a 230v 1.5 HP single speed, 3450 RPM pump (this is the one that seized) that purchased from a local pool store. The pipe are 6" in circumference, so I guess 2" diameter piping.

In-store, the local Leslie's Pool offers Jazzuci (exclusive brand?) $870, Pentair SuperFlo VS ($920), and Hayward $920. Plus ~$80 to install. Both Pentair and Hayward offers a rebate if professionally installed and I believe they also increase the warranty. Pentair warranty is like 60 days when it's installed by the home owner but 1-2 years when installed by a professional.

The local pinch-a-penny pool store offered a Stayrite VS, which may be the exact duplicate of the Pentair SuperFlo VS, for $820 (discounted to try and match online, normally $920). They also said about $200 for install....

I looked online and the prices varies from the local pool prices and much lower.

* Pentair SuperFlo VS #342001 -- $745 - $650
* Hayward Super Pump VS SP2603VSP -- $924 to $724

Is the SP2603VSP even correct for my pool? It states 1.5" union connections....

inyopools.com also has PureLine LP1615 230V $450 and PureLine Prime 1.66HP PL2605 for $599 (both are on 'clearance')....

The pump has been out for a week now...

Help!

Thank in advance!

-d