My wife and I have literally just finished getting a brand new Inground pool at our new house that is under construction and when I say just finished I mean it is being filled today.

The company that built it for us is amazing and the owners have become friends of ours. The problem is we messed up in planning this isn’t our 1st pool but it is the 1st we have had built our old one was already there when we bought. We have what is supposed to be a sports pool that is shallower on the ends and deeper in the middle. The pool was my one demand before we sold our old house I didn’t want to downgrade but this one is too deep in the middle I trusted my wife’s judgment and she said it is the same measurements as our old pool. However this one is 5.5 ft deep in the middle and I could touch in the old one but I cannot even see outside the pool in the middle of the new one. The ONLY activity I enjoy in a pool is basketball and being so deep I seriously doubt it will work so the pool I wanted is pretty much useless to me. I know this is our mess up and not the companies and we got the pebble style plaster and there is drains in the bottom. I said I thought it was going to be too deep the whole time but I was assured it wouldn’t be so I figured it just seemed deep because it wasn’t finished and being our 1st I had no way to tell.

Is there any way it can be fixed I don’t know much about pool construction but it seems to me like pouring more concrete in the bottom and putting plaster over it should work as long as the drain was raised too, it seems like the bottom would just be thick but I don’t know if it could cause problems or not. Has anyone else dealt with a pool that was too deep?

Being brand new I would hate to screw it up but I don’t have a good feeling about it and don’t think it will be very enjoyable and feel like a huge waste of money.