First post newbie here. I know it is frowned upon posting about anothers pool, but my Father Inlaw is not very internet savy and we use their pool quite a lot. They have an in ground pool with a liner.

Late last fall or over the winter, a leak formed in the return pipe from the bottom drain which dropped the water about 4 feet over the winter. In order to verify the suspected pipe leak, we lowered the water in the pool, installed a plug in the bottom drain and added water. Since the water level wasn't dropping after this we are fairly sure the leak is in the pipe between the drain and the pump.

My father in law continued to fill the pool and today the liner started ripping around one of the fittings where water gets pumped into the pool. Water started leaking out through the rip. The liner appears to have shifted some through this ordeal as the liner is pulled away from the corner structure by at least 3 inches and appears to be under tension. There are also some wrinkles in the bottom. The liner is about 5 years old. We think we can patch the tear, but need the liner back into position to take the tension off it and it need to be back in place for proper support. Is there a way to get the liner shifted back into it's proper position?