Note: I also posted this question the newbies new post section, before I noticed there was a "subscriber section".

So I've decided to take on the fun (he said sarcastically) of building my new pool "by owner". I will be saving over $10K compared to builder's quotes, and most importantly, I will be able to place the pool exactly where I want it. Builders didn't want to go through zoning setback location adjustments that I needed. Additionally, I got the feeling builder's pushed certain equipments on their quote just because they get better deals from certain manufacturers, and not necessarily because it is best for my project. I feel comfortable dealing with contractors for the building stuff (excavation, rebar, plaster, etc), but have ZERO knowledge of the equipments.

POOL SPECS: Rather small 12.5' X 25' rectangle, with no spa. From what I've read so far, all I know is that I want a salt system and I will be using deck jets (4) was water features.

WHAT I NEED: If you were building this pool as your own from the ground up, PLEASE recommend equipments. If possible, keep in mind my size of pool so I know exactly which capacity to order and also mention briefly what purpose each equipment serves (newbie here). You can focus on the major components, as the plumbing contractor should be taking care of the very small standard plumbing fittings, etc. Also, any recommendations you may have with I welcome.

I will also be posting on other sections about other non-equipment related questions I have.

Thank you!