Hi Everyone,

My fiance and I just put a deposit down on a pool. We have shopped 3 different pool retailers in Chicago and have literally been told 3 different things. We are so confused and are now questioning our original plan. Here is what we have on hold (forgive me if I'm forgetting something or don't have the terminology down)

Pool: Wilbar Quest 15 ft 54in Stainless Steel Side Panel
Filter:Haywood SwimPro 110 (debating on upgrading to the 150 for $20.00 more)
Pump: Haywood Swim Pro 2Hp 2Spd (Great Escape recommended this... I've read it's overkill to have 2HP. We figured we'd run it on low majority of the time.)
Sanitizing System: Nature2 Vision Pro Vessel Water Sanitizer (I know nothing about this!)

I'm hoping for some advice on Filter, Pump and Sanitizer. I grew up with an 18ft pool, sand filter and no sanitizing machines, so this is all new to me and not to mention the last time I had a pool was 20 years ago!

One more thing... We debated between a 12 and 15 ft. A 12 ft would fit our space soooo perfectly. A 15ft would fit; however there is a concrete patio that we have to keep in mind. With the 15 foot, I feel we'd be cutting it close... my fiance thinks it would be fine. Then again, he is ok with people having to bend and duck around top ledge just so we can have a bigger pool! LOL (We have a 3 year old, so it will be primarily used for the 3 of us.) I'm trying to account for the amount of space we need to plan for in addition to the 15ft. Although the pool is 15ft, how many inches or feet should I add to the circle to get a real feel of how big it will be? How many feet would you suggest I leave from the pool top ledge to the patio? We are worried that 12ft may start to feel cramped after purchasing it!

Thanks for reading and any advice you can give me! It is much appreciated!