Hi Everyone,

I've been reading alot on this website and I've read everything on PoolSolutions as well, so I'm starting to get pretty familiar with things. I just bought a house that came with a 24' Doughboy Pool that was on Baquacil. Initially the hoses to the pump had leaks everywhere and wouldn't hold pressure so I drained the water a little to just below the skimmer level and took the hoses off to get replacements at the pool supply shop and then refilled the pool. I also took a water sample with me and here's what I received:
Biguanides:1.5ppm
CH:110
TA:80
pH:7.2
Acid Demand: 1
Copper:0
Iron: 0
Phosphates: 100

Seeing that the Biguanides was so low, I figured that I was ready to start with the bleach conversion. The pool supply store estimated my pool to be 15k gals. I added 4 gals of 8.25% bleach with a few cups of borax to increase the pH and then let it filter overnight. My pool started with a lot of thick green algae and leaves on the bottom because the previous owner did not cover it. I vaccumed a lot out and dipped a lot out. It has been raining for the last couple of days which made the water extremely dark green, and I could not see the bottom. But I figured it's as good a time as ever to get started. I will post readings in the morning. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have 12 more gals of bleach on standby with a plan to probably make a return trip in the next couple of days for more. Am I on the right track? Anything I missed?