Hello, I have a pool with the self cleaning pop ups.

The pop ups have stopped working for some reason. I took the lid off the "cleaner" and found that one of the "flaps" was stuck. After loosening it up the water flow into the cleaner does not appear to have enough power to spin the gear drive thingee. it will lazily spin then stop. I have 35 lbs. at the filter. It seems to me that the gears wouldn't require a lot of pressure to operate the flaps as it turns because of the mechanical advantage it has. I would think because of the mechanical advantage it would have lifted the stuck flap. (there are six flaps in the cleaner) It doesn't lift any of the flaps. All the gears appear to be OK and I can operate it just fine when I spin the top gear that the water should drive. The problem may be the various valves in the system are in the wrong position.

At this point I don't know what the valves are supposed to do. I don't have a as built plumbing diagram so I don't know where the pipes going into the ground go to. It's a Shasta pool built in 2004. If I knew how to upload a photo I could provide additional information. I have replaced all o rings so I am confident I don't have an air leak anywhere.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks