I just purchased a house in San Tan Valley AZ (far east valley of Phoenix) knowing I would be moving in I have been reading up on this forum to get me familiar with the new task I will have with the pool.

Here's my info that I know so far and a few questions.

My equipment is a Shasta 12,000 gal pebbletec pool
Hayward swimclear 5030 cartridge filter
Hayward 1.5 HP platinum flow pump
A&A in floor cleaning system
Quickchlor Salt system

I tested my water with the Leslie's brand kit that was left by the previous owner.
My numbers are.....
FC and TC both 0
Calcium Hardness is 660
CYA 100
TA 80
PH 7.6
Salt 2500.....tested with a electronic tester left by prev owner.

The SWCG is currently not running and I was told by the prev owner it wont run until the water temp gets higher (currently 56 according to the control panel) Is this true it wont run at cold temps?

He also used a floater with tabs to chlorinate. When I moved in the floater was empty and after reading here I will be switching it to the BBB method anyway.

Should I do a partial drain and fill to lower the hardness or can I manage with what I have?

The water is crystal clear right now. I have been putting a half pound of granular shock per week for the month I have been here. With moving and the holidays I really didn't have the time to start dealing with it plus it has been colder than normal so I figured my chances for algae were a lot less. I just bought my first few gallons of bleach and plan to start that process now.

Thanks for any help you can give!