hi folks! First post, and I'm afraid it might be a bad one. I bought a house this summer with a 16'x32' vinyl liner inground pool. The house disclosure said the liner was about 2 years old. I added water maybe twice through the summer. I attributed this to not having a solar cover, and heavy use by 2 kids, plus a semi-dry summer. I had the pool professionally closed in September. Cover is a basic cover, held with waterbags.

I started to notice some sag, so I spent some time pumping the cover off. I'm in northeast PA, so we're getting snow, rain, etc. Ice is still on the cover. I noticed last weekend after a heavy snow that it looked like my bags were getting pulled in, a better look in the morning confirmed it. After a few days of warm weather (at least warm enough to melt snow) I was pumping and replacing bags.

Over Christmas, one of my visitors was a former employee of a pool company, many years ago. They took a look at the cover and said "WOW! That's not good!". I made it out today to actually start looking under the cover to see what was going on.

I would say i'm down to about a 1-1/2' of water in the shallow end. I'm going to say it's normally a 4' shallow end? It was pumped down to below the skimmer by the pool company when closed. I'm thinking I lost 3' since the end of September.

I was able to inspect a few spots today, just by looking under the cover in spots, and I don't see anything glaring. What do I do? Obviously, i'm expecting to have an issue in the spring, I just want to make sure I can mitigate this as much as I can now.

Thank you in advance!