Thank you for having this forum! I have used Baquacil for 20 years and decided this year to go back to chlorine. I followed your instructions starting on August 10 (went through about 70 gallons of chlorine) and everything went smoothly….the water is crystal clear…except I can’t keep chlorine in the pool.

When I raise the FC to 15 at night, it drops to 3 in the morning. Even adding the stabilizer doesn’t help. I thought I would try four tablets of Trichlor in a floating dispenser since we only have a few weeks left of summer and the CYA won’t raise that much…but the FC still drops to zero. Added 1 gallon 10% chlorine last night and this morning was 1.5…and now zero. I have no CC but yet it smells like chlorine. How is that possible when the FC and CC are zero? We have not yet changed the sand in the filter…was going to do that today. Have also been dealing with a low pH of 7.0. Added sodium carbonate and all it did was raise the TA. Aerated pool and raised it to 7.4. Was surprised how well that worked! Pool store never mentioned that...probably because that is free!

FC 0
CC 0
pH 7.4
CYA 40
TA 190
CH 160

15,000 Gal AG Kayak Pool, 22" Waterway Sand Filter, 1.5 HP pump, pool erected 1983