I have been using Baguinide for 6 years now. While I have had OK success with it I am now getting to a point where I think I need to switch. Had some cloudiness issues this year even with pH and TA (along with H2O2 and sani) levels being good. I am also getting a bit tired of dealing with plugging up my cartridge filter way quicker than expected.

Anyway, I was thinking that going through the process of switching to Chorine (or another alternative) when closing the pool would be less intrusive and much more certain than trying to do it when I open the pool next year. What I mean by that is I don't mind spending 2-4 weeks converting my pool to, say, chlorine after I know I am done with the pool for the year...ie being too cold here in PA. I understand that there would be less (if any?) biguanide in the pool in the spring but I also figured if I have converted in the fall then I know there is nothing I have to worry about in the spring. I would also, likely, just buy a new filter in the spring as well knowing that the previous one went through the conversion and a season of biguanide.

Does anyone have any opinions, insights or recommendations on this thought? Put it this way, I would rather work a little harder this fall to ensure proper conversion than wait until spring but since I have never done this before I may have no idea what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance!