Hello all,

I just signed up because I have found this forum really helpful and informative. My wife and I just bought a house in Florida and we have a screened in pool that uses AquaSilk instead of chlorine. The first week or so was great and we were testing the water with the test strips for alkalinity, pH, and biguinide. Then we had an algae explosion and very cloudy water. We had our water tested at two different pool stores because nobody is familiar with Aquasilk. The readings came back low for alkalinity (40ppm) and high for pH (8.0). Our acid demand was a 3. Our calcium hardness was also low. I also just replaced the filter because we were cleaning the old 1 every 3 hours.

We added 6lbs of baking soda to increase the alkalinity, 12 pounds of calcium to up the hardness. I also added 1/2 gallon of pool acid to bring down the pH. The levels were fine the next day so I added our sanitizer and set the vacuum up. We still have extremely cloudy water and an algae problem. I plan on investing in a testing kit today, but was hoping people had some input with this type of chemical.

Our pool is a 21,000 gallon setup with gunnite.

Appreciate any help at all!!