Hi all-just bought house that came with very dirty pool (emptied several garbage bags of leaves from pool bottom).
Now I'm in the process of getting the chemicals worked out. I can see the bottom of the pool in the shallow end, but not the deep. The main problem I think I have is that the suction is very low in both skimmers. I can't imagine the pool chemicals getting circulated properly with such low skimmer suction. I can get decent suction in one skimmer when I close two of the valves, otherwise when all valves are open, suction seems low. I've snaked and used pool hose with bladder thing in both skimmers-pump and also from pump to skimmers. I do see small fizz bubbles out of return jets and plan to replace o-ring in pump. I have a SAnd dollar SD-80 filter. The pressure gauge, which does go to zero when off, runs at around 20-22psi, and only goes down to 18psi after backwashing. Is this a sign that the sand may need to be replaced? Would new sand make the skimmers work better? I have tried running filter on recirculate, which only improved skimmer suction a little. This is my first pool and need all the help I can get. Thanks!