Hello all. First off i'd like to say I'm relieved to see a forum with such useful information, and I'm also happy to be part of the community here

I live in the US (Wisconsin) and recently took on a property management position, the property has an in-ground liner pool (approx. 33,000 gal rectangle) in the back of our clubhouse outside. After getting my pool/spa certification I was taking a tour of the property with the previous maintenance guy, he told me the box outside the pool fence was actually a fiber-optic light system for the pool (the box is about 6 feet from the edge of the pool). He had also mentioned that one of the kids living here must have taken off the lens and ripped out the endglow cable.

Unfortunately I am not sure of the make/model of the system itself, and this is the first in-ground that I've seen with fiber-optics so i'm not sure where to start when it comes to fixing or replacing it.

The black endglow/fiber-optic cable is still in the basement of the clubhouse, and after inspecting the underside of the box I did notice two large tubes in the ground that looked like they lead to the pool, one tube had two small endglow cables coming out, and the other was empty, I assume this went to the lens.

I did find the design blueprints of the pool and they show one hole in the deep end that is marked fiber-optic, all other holes are returns or drains.

I am sorry for the long post but I hope giving as much info as possible will help someone with the same problem and help to get this fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it at all possible to use the same system with a new lens? Do I have to drain the pool to install or replace the system?

Any ideas or theories are more than welcome, and thanks again

- Cory