Hi I am new to forum and I have a question about the ascorbic acid treatment.
I have a 15K fiberglass pool that had yellowish/brown staining on the walls when I opened this spring. I had to fill my pool with public water, it was 50% empty. I then took a water sample to local pool store and balanced water according to their instructions.
I then proceeded with 5 AA acid treatments. This is what happens. I do the AA treatment, water clears on day 1, by day 2 water is very cloudy, day 5-7 water still cloudy and stain returns.
I have had my water tested for metals and it is negative.
I have a sand filter that I had sand changed in thinking what ever was staining my pool was trapped in the sand.
I also have a heater which I have not used because I have not had a chlorine reading in my pool since I opened it, despite having trichlor tabs in the skimmer.
I have 4 pucks in the skimmer 5 days post 5th AA treatment and still no chlorine registering and stain is slowly returning.
My main question is why is this stain coming back? I have had my water tested by 3 different companies and every one here is stumped. They say everything is balance perfectly, and their are NO METALS in the water. They have no idea why the stains keep coming back after the AA treament.
I am so frustrated and have spent hundreds of dollars in chemicals trying to get rid of this stain. I can not find anyone to help me locally. Everyone is stumped. Please help!!!