I have used Baquacil for 2 seasons and I'm done. Could not get water clear last year and started noticing pink slime also suffered too much sticker shock to go on. I winterized the pool according to the Baquacil way. I pulled the mesh cover off this season (last weekend) and had some algae so I brushed and vacuumed to waste what I could then dumped half a box of borax in to help with the algae. I have a 16 thousand gal fiberglass in-ground, a one horse Hayward Max-flo pump, Hayward sand filter that holds 300 lbs of sand. I bought a HTH 6way kit and six pounds of non-chlorine shock, 4 boxes or borax and some 6% bleach and I am following the procedure as outlined on this page: http://www.poolsolutions.com/gd/conv...-chlorine.html. I added the non-chlorine shock almost 36 hours ago. I tested the water 24 hours after adding the shock and the results are TC: 1ppm, TA: 70 ppm Ph:7.2. The easiest way I have of testing the baquacil level is the test strips. According the conversion page I am looking for a baqua reading of 10ppm. I believe that I am below the target level and can start the next step of the process. Any guidance on the next step is appreciated. Oh, I did order a real test kit through your link to Amazon.