Hi ---I'm new here and hope I've used the right area to post. I opened the start here link and couldn't find a post button there.
I have a 15' round above ground pool with a 1000 gpm intex filter and this will be season #3 for it. Over the winter the cover came off and lots of leaves and dark matter got in it. We drained it, cleaned what we could and refilled it and it was green and we ran the pump a lot, used some chlorine and let it run for awhile. I took water in for testing and it was within all ranges except for stabilizer which we added. Waited 2 days and added chlorine and still not clear so pool store said to add clarifier which we did 4 days ago. The whole little packet which is made for up to 10,000 gallons but my pool only holds 3700 gallons. The chlorine is definitely holding now but the water is still cloudy. I got my pool cleaning brush out and started cleaning the inside walls while standing outside and about 1 ft down where the cloudiness really begins, the pool wall was very rough and not smooth like the top part. Not much gook came off tho and I could not get the roughness out. Any ideas what is going on?
I have a new 2500 gpm pump and am waiting for the adaptors so I can connect it to get better circulation.