Hi All!

I am divorced, still have my pool, yet back on here with a whole new name Yippie!!! Just filled my pool. Over the years this forum has been the only one I trust for REAL answers from REAL great pool owners and pool professionals not interested in selling me something I don't need or can get for less by substituting a non-pool designated item. Again Thank you all!!!! I have a 24' round Intex Ultra Frame 24'x52" pool with a 1hp pool pump and Hayward sand filter and I clean the pool myself. I am the pool girl! I have lots of leaves, debris and shade situations year round Love the pool for the money!!!!! Now on to my questions.

1. I have the black pvc, channelled Solar Panels (2) 4'x20's actually. Roof mounts are on the roof, yet I am not a roof kinda gal let alone 2x a year for install and take-down. Can anyone tell me if I have them put back on the roof can I just leave them there over winter and have the system blown out and capped in the fall and leave them up during the snow and cold in MN? I know the woven fabric? straps won't wear well up there year round but I figure eventually I can find a substitute for them. I certainly don't want to create "ice dams" or ruin my roof or the panels, but this roof stuff is for the birds! I cannot afford a different system. Last year I put them on some 2x6's? against my fence yet they look hideous!

2. As I am a new member it wouldn't allow me to search the forum. My last solar cover only lasted 2 years I need to purchase a new one today! Should I get a 12mil or 16mil, clear, black, space age, diamond vs. round bubble cover? I also need a reel...prefer to make one if possible.