I recently purchased a home with an IGP 18 x 36 T shape design. This pool has not been opened in over 3 years and the overall condition is poor. After trying to clean all of the old dirt and dried silicone from the filter and pump unions, I opened the pool yesterday. I've been opening and closing our family pool for 30 years and have never seen anything quite like this. First off, there is a major amount of air getting into the system, but the pump is running and I am chlorinating the water. The big problem I have is the liner.... It looks there are two. The second liner is hooked near the pool coping and cover the old one. In many areas this hanging down quite low, not quite to the water line, but low. There were also a couple gashes in the liner which I tried to patch as best I could. My questions:

- Is there anyway of raising the liner that is sagging down from the coping?
- Does anyone have a recommendation on pool adhesive for vinyl liners? Any suggestions?
- There is probably an 1/2 of mud on the bottom of the entire pool ... I'm considering backwashing, adding extra DE, and vacuuming, and repeating until it's out .... Any thoughts on this?

Sorry for the long post ... Any thoughts suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!