Hi everyone,

You've got quite the anti-spam system in place here! I'm a seasoned IT guy and it took me a bit to figure out what I needed to do... I almost gave up! I don't really have any questions (yet)... I just came here to learn as much as I could about pools. I've never had one before, and the amount of information I need to learn is boggling. My PB starts digging in my back yard soon so I want to be as informed as possible in order to ensure that I've done everything right.

We've got everything squared away right now, but the only thing sticking in the back of my mind is that he swears by ozone and has spec'd out a Paramount ClearO3 ozonator system with chlorine. I always thought SWCG was the way to go, but I guess every system has good and bad points. It seems that the problem with ozone is the lack of information from actual owners who have used it. There are tons of threads where pool builders are for or against it, but only little snippets of information from users who state that the water is clearer, they use less chlorine, etc.

In the end, I'm just going to go for the ozone system and hope that it'll allow me to use less chlorine in the pool. The pool will be a free-form 15K gal in-ground with sealed paver deck under screen enclosure in Central FL. I cannot wait to go swimming in my own back yard!

Jose