+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swimming Pool Sales Bogosity

Hybrid View

Default Re: Intex Pool Size Bogosity!

You might consider submitting the site(s) to the wayback machine for archiving. It will scan the website and let you browse it as it was on a particular date. For example, I can go see exactly what poolforum.com looked like on June 21, 2004. http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

That's a good thought. But, I think the WayBack already scans every fairly high traffic site . . . but you can block their robot in the webmaster's "robots.txt" file. Also, WayBack does not archive a complete site, and keeps a somewhat spotty selection of pages.

So . . . if I want to be sure of keeping links and sources, I have to do the archiving myself. That used to be tough. But, today, with 2 terabyte drives for under $150, it's not so hard. I could have archived every photo and every reference ever used on PoolForum and PoolSolutions in less than 500 Gb, and if I had, I'd still have them.

This year, I've begun a new policy of archiving all links, references and photos in a thread by thread archive. I may not be able to keep up, once the season gets going, but I will at least get the data from my posts, and those of the moderators.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Gee, Ben, you worked too hard!
    Having had a 15' Intex Donut as soon as you said it looked to be too big to be 12' I said to myself "that's because it's a 15' pool"
    Then I figured the panels are clearly 4' panels...there are 12 of them...48' circumference, divided by PI is...15' 4"...

I'm just lazy!
    Carl

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I still think the water and people are still Photoshopped in -- in other words, those people weren't photographed in that pool. And, the water body the people were in, was 16+ feet in INSIDE diameter.

It may be that they put a cut-out of swimmers in an 18' (OD) x 40" AG pool into a photo of a 15' x 36" pool. However they did it, when people buy an Intex 12'x30" pool they won't be able to get real-life friends and neighbors in the pool in the manner shown.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Could be, but my donut was 15'x3' and looked about the same size, even with people in it. But your KEY point is the important one: No WAY is this a 12' pool!
    Carl

I just want to say how utterly hilarious your analysis was! I am still wiping away the tears...

Alison
    16'x40' kidney / "nautilus" 25K gal IG vinyl pool; SWCG; Hayward ProSeries high rate sand filter; Pentair SuperFlo 1HP pump; hrs; Taylor K-2006C; utility water; summer: homemade solar disks; winter: mesh; ; PF:4.8

http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/h...ame-pools.html
    This answers your question. Exactly the same people, placement, and shadows, but in two different sized Intex pools.

Not sure why I spent 10 minutes trying to find something else in their photos...thanks Ben
    Sean Assam
    Commercial Product Sales Manager - AquaCal AutoPilot Inc. Mobile: 954-325-3859
    e-mail: sean@teamhorner.com --- www.autopilot.com - www.aquacal.com

+ Reply to Thread