I just bought a 24" x 52" round above=ground pool and a SWG system. The cell were getting caked with what looked like salt so I've taken and soaked them in vinegar. but that's not the main problem, my pool turned a MAJOR SHADE OF GREEN and looked like the sludge you see at the lake!! took a h2o sample to pool shop they said i had phosphates and to use a phosphate remover $39 and to add 2 more # of the stabilizer/conditioner i had. these are the levels they said my pool had
FC 0.0 ppm TC 0.0 C C 0.0 go figure!!
ph 7.8
hardness 270 ppm
Alkalinity w/stabilizer correction 139 ppm
CYA 5 ppm

I put the 9.6 oz of the phosphate remover in the pool at night and didnt see any diff the next morning searched the website and found home remedies and your website. hallelujah !!! put 76 oz bleach in water turned somewhat clear liftoff. fc reading just showed almost .2 put another 64 in it (was desperate) water is alittle foamy skimmed and vacuumed still shows phospates when i put a capful of phosphate remover in pool Have I put too much , or not enough bleach in? Pool shop closed for 4th july holiday so cant get water retested. Patience is usually one of my virtues but probably not here!! It's hot here in TExas, would like to use my pool! I've only had it 2 weeks it would be my luck to get this problem right off the bat. Also, pool was filled 1/3 with well water. any help would be appreciated especially since I've already spent $75 from the pool shop fpr the phosphate remover and weekly shock. I thought my SWG was going to save me money

Thanks