Got my AquaRite t-15 installed and running. I took a water sample to the pool store (groan) to get the salt level checked before I added any salt. I didn't yet have my salt testing kit. Two extremely inept young boys tested the water and told me the salt level was 2500. According to the AquaRite readout, original salinity was 2200. I went ahead and added salt according to the manual based on original salinity of 2500.

Got my salt test kit today (the two part drop kit) and it's reading 3600 on multiple samples. According to the manual, that's too high but the unit seems to be running fine and is not saying the salt is too high. The digital panel is still reading only 2900. I believe 3600 is accurate. Should I leave it where it is or dilute it some?

God, how many times will it take me to learn you can NEVER NEVER NEVER go by what the pool store "boys" say??? I don't think I'm ever going to go to that particular chain for test again. I almost had to show the trainee boy how to do the CYA test. Then he tried to sell me muriatic acid as CYA. Whatevah!

Thanks, ya'll.