+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to Purchase an Esther Williams Pool Liner?

Question Where to Purchase an Esther Williams Pool Liner?

Can someone recommend a place Online or in the Philadelphia / South Jersey area to get a replacement liner for Esther Williams Pools?

I have an older EW 24'x15' oval pool which was manufactured in the late 1980's.
    I have tried calling the company directly but they sold out to another company (Delair Group) and I have had no luck what so ever getting anyone to call or email me back.
    From what I was told an Esther Williams beaded liner has a bit larger bead and track. Which might explain why my last liner only lasted two years before literally falling off the track and stretching.

The cheapest I found so far was "Swimming Pools Etc." They claim to carry Esther Williams liners but their online reviews are mixed at best and I would far more trust the opinion of you guys here rather reading some anonymous reviews.

Default Re: Where to Purchase an Esther Williams Pool Liner?

I just bought a new liner from www.linerworld.com for my Johnny Weismuller (same as Esther Williams) pool. It looks just like the ones I saw on many other websites, but they had the best price. $300 delivered for my 24 foot round pool.
    It is made by Swimline and seems to be of good quality, but the only other one I have owned was made by Swimline, too.

Thanks Jazzbone I'll look into to them too.
    I appreciate the help guys.

Jazzbone - How have you liked the liner you bought?

Guv66 - Where did you end up buying a liner?

I am looking to replace an Esther Williams 27' round liner.

Thanks
    round above-ground

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

dpm, you're posting into a 2 year old thread, so don't be too surprised if the OPs don't respond. . . .

Yeah I know. Trying to determine if I should buy the liner from the vendor, linerworld. My pool guy says to be careful about buying cheaper liners via the net and that troubles won't show until a few years.
    round above-ground

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I don't know how you'd go about finding the answer to that. One problem is that there is not any test we've been able to discover that distinguishes good liners from bad ones, except for the "test of time"!

I've even talked to one of the engineers at a vinyl sheet material manufacture -- they make, on request, both high and low grade materials, and he couldn't offer any suggestions. Obviously, he couldn't tell me that, yeah, we sell the junk material to these three companies. He did tell me that a number of companies buy both high AND low grade material. A few companies -- I think, but am not sure, that Plastimayd is one -- are known for better grade liner material.

+ Reply to Thread