+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sodium Dichlor triazetene???

Default Sodium Dichlor triazetene???

Seems like I saw somewhere the other day that someone said this was the same as cal-hypo. My calcium is low and someone here had suggested that I could use cal-hypo along until my calcium got within range. No worry about the low calcium because I have an IG vinyl liner 20X40 and no heater or swg(yet).
    I have used exclusively BBB but am beginning to think that it would be nice to have cal-hypo to shock with on occasion. I'm running out of places to stash these large empty bleach bottles and I hate throwing away a good container.
    Since I'm asking two questions I should state it like this:

1. Is Sodium Dichlor Triaz..... the same as cal-hypo and if not what else do they call cal-hypo? I can't find it any anywhere.

2. Does anyone see why this would cause me any problems if I keep a check on my calcium levels and don't let them soar?

Thanks in advance

IG vinyl liner 20X40 and no heater or swg(yet) 25000-30000gals.
    Temp 87
    FC = 5
    CC = 0
    Tc = 5
    PH = 7.5
    Alk = 90
    Ch = 120
    CYA = 30

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Talking Re: Sodium Dichlor triazetene???

CDO,how ya doin'? The dichlor is similar to the pucks, it's slow disolve and has cya, unless you want to raise your cya, you probably don't want to use it.
    If you want to find cal-hypo (calcium hypochlorite), look for the word 'granular' on the labels (& you'll see calcium hypochlorite in the ingredients, it's the first ingredient). I don't think you need to do anything to your water except hop in and cool down, your numbers look good and liner pools don't need cal (but you can go as high as 500 if you keep an eye on your pH and alk)

Maybe someone else will post with a creative solution to the empty jug problem. Enjoy the pool! - Waste
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Sodium Dichlor triazetene???

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    Maybe someone else will post with a creative solution to the empty jug problem.
    Here:
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=4968
    please.

Ben

Default Re: Sodium Dichlor triazetene???

Waste, I'm doing great and the pool is very healthy also. I am doing well with the "staying on top of things with the pool" with all the help from you guys. Even though my cc reads 00 every time I check it I have a lot of small kids in and out of the pool and I think that it is wise to superchlorinate every so often. I am basing this decision on the fact that I have noticed after I have a lot of kids in the pool that my chlorine loss goes up for the next 3 or 4 days. This makes me think that "something" is in the pool that is not usually there and is eating chlorine. Maybe I have some cc but not enough for my test to show.

Ben: Thanks for the advice on the jugs. And super thanks for the forum.

+ Reply to Thread