Sounds like you already had legal plans in mind . . . good luck!

If you are able to change the culture of pool maintenance in the hospitality and apartment business, that would be a good thing. But if you were able to compel a finding that would force them to "take the issue seriously and address their practice shortcomings", I'd be willing to bet that most facilities would respond by simply removing the pool.

You didn't mention the type of facility before, but I'd bet good money that a "camp" will respond to any negative judgement by doing exactly that. That trajectory is already well established, with the removal of diving boards at commercial pools over the past 30 years.

What I didn't mention is that my working career was servicing commercial pool operations, quite possibly like the one you encountered. The problem for them is that, even if they wanted to do better, there is no recognized and established guide they could use that would enable them to do so. The chemical companies have ZERO interest in doing so, since well operated pools use LESS chemicals than poorly operated ones.

I could go into a long monologue about the problems, and the reasons for situations like yours . . . but there's no point. Doing so won't lead to any operational improvements.

Have fun!