+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Pool Owner looking for repair info

Default New Pool Owner looking for repair info

Hi All,

Newbie pool owner here looking for some help and direction on some minor repair for my pool. Looking forward to hear from people.

Regards
    Chris

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New Pool Owner

Welcome . . .

. . . with a caution:

The information here pretty much covers what you need to know about pool water and pool chemistry. And there's GENERAL information about what you should and shouldn't do with pumps and pipes and heaters and so on.

BUT . . . your chances of getting specific, accurate, USEFUL information about SPECIFIC pool repairs and equipment or structure problems is not great:

In my own work, locally, I usually had to SEE and HANDLE stuff, to figure out how to fix it. That's pretty hard to do via the internet. Also, pool pumps are not like Ford F150 trucks, with MILLIONS of owners who know a great deal about them.

Your best bet: use my Super Search page to search here and Troublefreepool for any past discussions of your problem. Be sure to use model numbers, make and so in creating the search. (The page only creates a special search link; Google freaks out if more than a few searches with "advanced" operators come from a single location. So I can't 'trigger' the search from my server.)

http://pool9.net/ssearch/

I'll be adding PoolSpaForum search as well, in the next few days.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New Pool Owner

[ Upgraded membership; moved thread to 'general' section' <= you may need to log out and then in to see everything. ]

+ Reply to Thread