Quote Originally Posted by ransomedbyfire View Post
I am disabled and poor. If I cannot find a way to manage filtration issues myself, there is no point in wasting my meager income on bleach. This is why I asked this specific question. Why start or continue a task there is no way for you to finish?

Thankfully, I have Googled the issue and found some useful info on using filter bags to aid or replace a cartridge filter at WWW.TroubleFreePool.com.
Let me see if I can help you. I was in the exact same position as you just 2 days ago, I was so frustrated that I was about to give up and fill the pool with dirt. My pool was so bad that I had tadpoles swimming around in it. Today I could see the bottom of my pool and the water was crystal clear.

I too was frustrated with my cartridge filter my water was so bad that it would clog with in 30 minutes of cleaning it and I am healthy and could have done that for days but seemed like I wasn't getting anywhere.

Take the cartridge out it won't hurt anything and you wont have to clean it every 30 minutes. You will put it back in once the algae is gone. Right now you just want to kill the algae, we can worry about getting it out of the pool once it is dead.

The reason they keep asking for your test result is so we can tell you how much bleach you need to kill the algae. Or you can use Ben's approach but you maybe using way more bleach then you need and that would be a waste of your money.

I am willing to walk you thru how I got mine from tadpole heaven to safe to swim in 4 days if you like but you will have to answer questions along the way.