+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Blue Cloudy Water

Default Re: Blue Cloudy Water

Hello I'll add more chlorine later this evening and report in the morning. Should the chlorine be added to the skimmers or directly into the pool water? Yesterday I added the 7 jugs in the skimmer.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I always add mine slowly to the skimmer while the pump is running.

Ok, sorry about the delay added 7 more of the large walmart bleaches last Thursday went out of town and returned Monday, yesterday morning still cloudy. I can see the bottom of shallow end not deep end so I added 7 more large walmart bleach on yesterday, today still cloudy can see shallow end but not crystal clear. Am I doing the right thing? Maybe I need the algae and calcium like the pool store suggested. Someone on here several posts ago said I may need the calcium. I will go back and read that one. This is so frustrating. I've never had a problem like this. I can't believe my chlorine level is this low. I have spent over 65 dollars on bleach the last couple of weeks. I thought the bbb system suppose to be cheap. HELP!!!!!!

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Did you get the K-2006 yet?
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by pooljunky View Post
    I've never had a problem like this. I can't believe my chlorine level is this low. I have spent over 65 dollars on bleach the last couple of weeks. I thought the bbb system suppose to be cheap.
    The "BBB Method" is supposed to be cheap-er and easi-er, than otherwise. But that's not necessarily cheap in any absolute sense.

For starters, it depends on accurate water testing . . . which requires a $70 - $100 test kit that you still don't have.

Pool dealers have NO incentive to test accurately, since INACCURATE testing sells more chemicals! Computer-scanned test strips fit their needs perfectly, since they SEEM very accurate, but are actually pretty random.

Also, you need to understand that trying to mix-and-match dealer chemistry with BBB will just result in a mess. If you haven't become convinced that you can trust us, about basic things like calcium, you need to go back to your dealer. You will just make things hard on yourself trying to blend pool store or standard pool advice with ours.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread