+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Yay!!!New pool!!!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Yay!!!New pool!!!

The SSR doses are sized based on your pool volume. If your pool is the 20' x 4' round you mentioned above, you have about 8,000 gallons
    ( 10^2 x 3.14 x 3.4' (water depth) x 7.46 gal/cft = 7,964 gal)

When I used "dose" above, I was being careless, and not referring to the SSR directly. Under your current circumstances, an appropriate "dose" is 4 SSR dosesfor your pool, or 6 cups of bleach.

No problem. Still doesn't seem enough for 8,000 gallons but you're the Doc. I have those 99.9% chlorine 3" tablets that I put in a week ago and they are not dissolving very fast at all, possibly because of the high calcium content of the water. I will dose and retest in the AM. Thank you so much.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Don't think calcium has anything to do with the dissolution rate of trichlor tabs.

Do you have them in a floater? Did you open the screen on the floater all the way?

Yes, 3 tabs in the floater...screen opened all the way....still barely dissolved after week.

+ Reply to Thread