+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I hate my pool! HELP

Default I hate my pool! HELP

Last weekend we purchased an above ground Summer Escape 16 x 42 above ground pool. We thought it would be great for the summer and relatively easy to maintain.

Our water started getting cloudy two days ago and a little slimy feeling although no color changes (green, mustard, etc). We purchased AquaChem products, getting strips and supplies. I know they are pretty cheap pool etc., but I did not figure it would be this hard to keep it clean etc. We treated it last night based on the recommendation that we input into the computer on their website. Today, still cloudy but not as slimy feeling. I put shock in today based on the size of the pool (it didn't ask for that last night).

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it right or if it is even safe to be in at this point. The water is clean just cloudy but it seems like we could be doing something totally different or that what we are doing should be working.

HELP!
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-11-2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: enable signature
    4.3k gal 16 x 42 Summer Escapes pool. PF=27

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: I hate my pool! HELP

The small soft side pools are VERY hard to clean up, once they get messed up. Their filter and circulation systems are barely large enough to maintain the pool, and simply are not large enough to clean up the water. It can literally take weeks to clear one, once it gets messed up.

Fortunately, it's not that hard to KEEP one clear, and avoid the problems. So, do this:

1. Read the Super Simple recipe, here: http://pool9.net/ssr/; purchase or order whatever you need.

2. Meanwhile, keep your pool from becoming a slime pit by adding 1/4 of a gallon jug of PLAIN 8% household bleach to your pool EACH evening. Once you've purchased your OTO drops kit (per the SSR, above), test before adding the bleach. If the result is orange to yellowish orange, skip that dose.

3. Once you've collected everything you need to follow the recipe, drain the pool and refill.

4. Once it's full, just keep following the recipe and enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread