Hello All,
So far I have done everything requested from newbies. I have subscribed, liked you on Facebook, and filled out the pool form and ordered the Taylor K-2006. Now I need your help.

This is the fourth year for our pool. It's been trouble free until this year. All of a sudden we have a very rough surface which leaves our feet sore and abraded. After reading many threads on your web site I think it is calcium scale. I don't know how to get a sample of it so I can put it in vinegar (??).

The guy I use to open and close said to put sodium bicarbonate in it to raise the alkalinity up to the max and then the next day add 2 gallons of muriatic acid to bring the pH back down and then use a wire brush on it. Then repeat this process weekly until it is gone. As little as I know about it that just doesn't seem right.

The pH has always been on the higher end 7.8 and above but I didn't worry too much about it. Now, I think that is the cause of my problem. I just ordered the K-2006 today so I went to the pool store with my sample and here is what they came up with:

pH: 7.8
Calcium: 309
Alkalinity: 90
Chlorine: 1.65
CYA: 79
Salt: 3100 (Pentair IC40)

Thank you in advance.