+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All Resin Pool - Durability?

Default All Resin Pool - Durability?

Hey There, first timer here. I live just outside of Philadelphia, PA and am looking into purchasing an above ground pool. I'm 90% sold on a salt water system but just need some guidance on the pool type. I'm looking at the Sharkline Matrix, all resin (top, bottom rails, posts and caps, etc) along with coated side walls as my pool of choice.

My main concern is will an all resin pool, like the Sharkline, be durable enough to withstand -0 degree temps in the winter months?

Thanks in advance for your advice and feedback.

Steve

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: All Resin Pool - Durability?

Given the very cold weather we had this past winter, that's a appropriate question.

Plastics (resin = plastic, but they avoid the term because plastic sounds flimsy) become brittle in cold weather more than metals do. But it's usually when there's an impact that you have a problem. Assuming you don't use the pool for a skating rink, etc in winter, impact may not be problem.

However, to get an answer you'd need to call Sharkline and ask 2 questions:
    a) What plastic is used in making the Sharkline frame and pieces?
    b) Is anything blended into that plastic to improve cold-temperature brittleness?

Once you know the plastic, you can Google for impact resistant of that plastic at low temperatures.

. . . membership upgraded.

+ Reply to Thread