+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stabilizer question for small pool

Default Stabilizer question for small pool

Just got an Intex metal frame 12' round x 30" deep pool. Trying to figure out what the heck to do. I've checked the levels and added HTH chlorinating granules. According to their instruction book that came with the start up kit, the next step is to add stabilizer. The instructions on the stabilizer bottle say to add to the skimmer, but I don't think this pool has a skimmer? So should I just disperse it evenly in the water itself? Sorry if this is a repeat question but couldn't find any answers on this issue.

Also, the ph level looked fine when I tested it before adding the chlorine, but afterwards it looked a little high (like close to the 8.4 color on the test strip). Will this level out on its own and/or with the addition of the stabilizer, or do I need to buy some ph minus? Should I do this before adding the stabilizer?

Default Re: Stabilizer question for small pool

Find a pool calculator online and input your pool size to come up with how many gallons. Get stabilizer and put in an old sock in front of return. Squeeze when you walk by until it's gone. It will take about a week for the stabilizer to register on a test.

Test strips are not accurate... look on amazon for a real Taylor test kit.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Stabilizer question for small pool

Have you looked at the Super Simple Recipe (http://pool9.net/ssr/)? It's a good guide to starting up the chemistry.

The test kit we recommend is the Taylor K-2006. Not available in stores. Buy it through this page: http://pool9.net/tk/ and Pool Forum gets some coin to keep the lights on.

Read all you can here especially the stickied threads in the testing and chlorinating forums also read the guides at poolsolutions.com. Pay special attention to the Best Guess Chlorine Chart page as it describes the basis for the safe, efficient, and effective method of pool care taught here.

Note: as a trial user you'll have to log out to see the other parts of the forum so copy the URLs, log out, then paste 'em in your browser.

Good luck and welcome!
    Let us know how it's going.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread