+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using bleach in a Intex pool with coffee-brown water

Default Using bleach in a Intex pool with coffee-brown water

If I use bleach with the Borax,will it hurt my Intex pool. I have a 22 x 52 round pool and I'm having trouble with my pool water turning coffee brown. I drained it and am going to begin to fill it up again. Im just not sure what chemicals to start with.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Using bleach in a Intex pool

Bleach is fine. Many members here use it.

"Coffee brown" makes me think you fill with well water. Do you? Before you refill, is the fill water source the same as the house water source? If you have a ceramic toilet, how does the inside of the tank look?
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Using bleach in a Intex pool

What Dave said.

The only time I've seen pool water be truly coffee brown was when it was filled with manganese contaminated well water. What a mess!

. . . membership updated.

Default Freddy's Pool -- Starting an Intex -- Water turned brown

I followed the 1st & 2nd steps of the SS Recipe but stopped filling my pool because the water turned brown. I tested the tap water with a 6 way strip and the hardness was 100 the bromine was 1-2 the PH was 8.4 the alkalinity was 240 and the cyanuricacid was 30-50. I need help.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-04-2014 at 11:22 AM. Reason: blend threads merged from posts tagged onto the SSR

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

+ Reply to Thread