+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: algae and too low ph

Default Re: algae and too low ph

I have the hth 6 way test kit when I test the CYA it reads 30 but can still see the black dot at the bottom of the test tube. Which makes me feel its too low. So I should add more bleach and at what rate? Another gallon and keep it there until the algae turns gray? Right now when I teat chlorine its dark yellow.
    4.5k gal 16' x 42" Summer Escapes pool. PF=27

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

This link my help. It shows you how to interpret off the scale OTO results:> http://pool9.net/oto-chart/

Also, this chart shows you how high chlorine levels need to be kept based on the CYA reading:> http://pool9.net/cl-cya/

For now, aim for keeping your chlorine between 12-15ppm. In your pool, each cup of 8.25% bleach will add about 1ppm and each quart will add about 4.5ppm. Use those as a reference to help you figure out doses of bleach to add when you test.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Just an update. Pool is clearing up still keeping the chlorine high and pH is staying balanced. I did find 99% dichlor granules at GREAT ESCAPES POOLS AND SPAS. Everywhere I asked wasn't sure what I was talking about. How often do I add this and is it in addtion to the bleach I have been adding 2 cups daily until all the algae is gone to keep the chlorine levels up.
    4.5k gal 16' x 42" Summer Escapes pool. PF=27

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Now that you have dichlor, switch over to using it. Only use the bleach to 'shock' if the chlorine gets low, or after a party, etc.

+ Reply to Thread