+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Still very cloudy after running filter 24/7 for 2 1/2 weeks, 3rd year using BBB metho

Default Re: Still very cloudy after running filter 24/7 for 2 1/2 weeks, 3rd year using BBB m

So far I've added 1/4 cup of DE (the pool kind) and did not see any white coming out of the return. I will wait 20 minutes check the pressure and add additional if necessary.
    I take it I should leave the nylon panty hose off the skimmer, correct?

Default Re: Still very cloudy after running filter 24/7 for 2 1/2 weeks, 3rd year using BBB m

I've added 3/4 cups total and the pressure has risen 2 psi after about 6 hours. The flow out the return is much slower but still coming out so I'm going to wait and see how it looks in the morning. So far no change in the cloudiness.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Give it a little time and see if it helps. If not, you may want to try some 60% Polyquat. It is the only kind of algaecide we ever recommend and it is also somewhat of a clarifier. http://pool9.net/polyquat/

But, I'd wait at least a few more days and see if the DE does anything for you before trying Polyquat. Keep your chlorine levels up.

I THINK it's a bit bit better this morning. It could be psychological! I backwashed it this morning since the return was flowing at a snails pace, although the pressure was still only up 2 psi, and added 1/2 cup of DE to the skimmer again.

I will keep you informed and again thank you so much for taking your time to help me.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

You are very welcome. Hopefully it will clear before too long. Keep us posted!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by dimpledn View Post
    I backwashed it this morning since the return was flowing at a snails pace, although the pressure was still only up 2 psi, and added 1/2 cup of DE to the skimmer again.
    Correct thing to do: even if the pressure hasn't gone up much, when the flow drops way off -- backwash.

. . . membership updated.

Thank you for confirming the back washing. This forum has been so helpful. I'm noticing I can see the bottom now fairly easily, but still a ways to go. Progress is happening!!
    9.2k gal 15 x 30 oval AG pool, well water, Hayward S180T sand filter, Astral pump running 24/7. PF=13

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Great!

Another update
    I can now see the bottom about 1/2 way across the pool. It's a slow slow process, but I'm happy to be making progress. Should I purchase the Polyquat since it's been this long now and
    it's still not clear? Anything else I could do to hurry the process? Or should I just be patient and wait. Today marks four weeks of trying to get it clear. I'm trying to be "good".
    9.2k gal 15 x 30 oval AG pool, well water, Hayward S180T sand filter, Astral pump running 24/7. PF=13

It won't hurt to use the Polyquat. It may or may not help clear it any faster but worth a try. It will drop your chlorine level so be aware of that. Just raise it back up. No big deal.

+ Reply to Thread