+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do we call calcium chloride

Default What do we call calcium chloride

I know we have borax and baking soda, and bleach but my fiberglass pool read 90 on calcium hardness. I know its fiberglass but I'm supposed to be around 170-250. I need to get calcium chloride according to the pool calculator, but what do we call it or is this something we have to buy at the pool store. Thank you Dave G.
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: What do we call calcium chloride

Why are you supposed to be around 170-250 for a fiberglass pool? Who told you that?

Saw it on a fiberglass pool site. Before that I thought I didn't need much of any ch. right now it reads 90

Idont see anywhere on the pool calculator where to put what kind of pool I have,so I looked for a fiberglass pool info sheet, that's all. It sounded good I guess, I used all my grocery store goodies for the rest. I'm going through other stuff also, I keep losing cya so since conditioner doesn't just get lost, I shut off my pool refill valve to check if I have a leak. Fun day

===========================

I looked at TFP and for the most part seems ch isn't needed. That's a relief! I guess I Can forget that one, now just to the leak
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-12-2014 at 10:29 PM. Reason: merge sequential posts
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

You only need to ADD calcium to concrete pools (plaster, Marcite, tile, DiamondBrite, etc.). You do NOT need to add it to vinyl or FG pools.

Thank you Ben that saved real hassle Dave G.

+ Reply to Thread