+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacement Intex Pool Pumps

Default Replacement Intex Pool Pumps

Anyone have any suggestions for a better pump? I have an Intex 10" and am looking to upgrade to the ultra frame 25 x 12, but want a pump that will last and that will turn on automatically, none of this having to push a button thing. Any suggestions?

Oh and is a sand or saltwater pump better?

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: INtex Easy Set Pumps

Intex makes a combination pump/sand filter/Salt Water Chlorine Generator/copper ionizer/timer. I would disable the copper ionizer as copper stains pools, fingernails, and blonde and color treated hair green. Copper kills algae but isn't very effective against many of the pathogens found in pool water; leading to a false sense of security - "The water's clear so it must be safe".

I emphatically urge you to read all you can here and at poolsolutions.com especially the stickies in the testing, chemistry, and poolcare forums. You'll need to log out to se the rest of the forum. Learn the "BBB" (not only Bleach, Borax and Baking Soda) method of poolcare and you will enjoy your pool more than struggle with it. The SWCG is completely "BBB" compatible.

Welcome, and good luck.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Pappy is offline PF Supporter Widget Weaver Pappy 0

Default Re: Replacement Intex Pool Pumps

I'd want the sand filter for sure. Intex does make a cartridge SWCG, but it's not big enough for your pool. I think the consensus here is that SWCGs are more convenient and more expensive. Whether it is worth the extra cost or not is purely an individual choice based on your needs and circumstances.
    Intex 15ftx4ft 4500 gal. 3/4 HP Pentair WhisperFlo pump. Hayward 21" sand filter. Taylor K-2006 & K-1106 kits. PF=27

+ Reply to Thread