+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beautiful Aqua blue pool!

Default Beautiful Aqua blue pool!

Cannot clear up cloudyness. PH and Alkalinity ok.
    Supply is from well water with a new water softner system installed last winter. I have not by-passed the system to supply pool. Pool Store tested water and adjusted I Ph and Alkalinity accordingly. Hardness is zero because oif water softner treatment (at least tells me the system works). According to forum I should not have to worry about hardness because it is a vinyl lined pool 16x32 approx. 18000.00 gals. still cloudy. Seems to be a filter problem?
    Put in enough chlorine to clean up the Chesapeake Bay which I live on. Tried clarifier. Circulated and turned off pump overnight. Repeated 2 days later. Seemed to help some.
    Help!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Beautiful Aqua blue pool!

Hi, Hogbear, and welcome to the Pool Forum!

Hi and welcome to the Pool Forum!

We'll need some additional info to be able to help.

1. What size pump and what kind and size of filter?
    2. Exactly what all have you added to the pool, meaning ingredients and not just product names like 'shock.'
    3. Do you have a drops-based test kit? If so, what kind? Post current numbers.

If you don't have a good drops-based kit:
    The test kit that we think is by far the best is the Taylor K2006 or 2006C (better buy). Not available locally but you can get it through this link that takes you to Amazon: http://pool9.net/tk/

But, in the meantime, go to Walmart and see if they have the HTH 6-Way drops-based kit (no test strips!) and get that. If they don't, get an OTO/Phenol Red kit (yellow and red drops) instead. Use it to test and then post your numbers. Also while you are at WallyWorld, get several jugs of their generic 8.25% bleach and a couple of boxes of 20 Mule Team Borax (laundry aisle).

Repost with requested info and then someone here can try and help you.

(Until you registration is completed, you won't be able to see the rest of the forum while you are logged in. So, copy that link and then paste it into a browser window after you log out.)

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread