+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newby

Default Newby

I have a 24' above ground pool that is breaking the bank with chemicals. I was wondering how the bbb method works. Thanks in advance for any info!!!!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Newby

BBB is all about learning to take care of your pool by testing frequently and adding only what you need. In many cases, there are grocery store products that you can use instead of expensive pool store chemicals. I would suggest that you do a lot of reading here on the forum, especially the stickied threads at the top of a lot of the subsections. Also, read over on our sister website www.poolsolutions.com.

Then, come back if you have specific questions that you need help with.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

(By the way, until your registration is completed, you will have to log out first to be able to see the rest of the forum.)

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Pappy is offline PF Supporter Widget Weaver Pappy 0

Our 15' Intex went from a green money sucker last year to a sparkling clear, easy to maintain pleasure this year. Once I got the pH up with 20 Mule Team Borax, and the Cyanuric acid level where it needs to be, bleach is the only thing that gets added on a regular basis. I VERY HIGHLY recommend the BBB method.
    Intex 15ftx4ft 4500 gal. 3/4 HP Pentair WhisperFlo pump. Hayward 21" sand filter. Taylor K-2006 & K-1106 kits. PF=27

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Our 15' Intex went from a green money sucker last year to a sparkling clear, easy to maintain pleasure this year. Once I got the pH up with 20 Mule Team Borax, and the Cyanuric acid level where it needs to be, bleach is the only thing that gets added on a regular basis. I VERY HIGHLY recommend the BBB method.
    +1

Learning how to properly test and maintain a pool from knowledge gained here is the best thing an owner can do.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread