+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello!

Thumbs up Hello!

Hello!

Thank you so much for the incredible amount of information available on your site. I've always heavily researched any project I've started and your forum has consistently had sound and easy to follow advice.

I appreciate the work you've put into this.

Thank you!

Edit: I've completed the Pool Chart Entry Form.
    Last edited by JustAlex4tw; 05-27-2014 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Completed Pool Chart Entry Form

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Hello!

. . . membership upgraded.

We won't really begin digging through the pool chart data till next week, but I glanced at yours. You'd listed that you had an AG pool, but given that you also listed concrete I assumed a typo and changed it to an IG pool. Also, exact gallons in a concrete oval can be hard to calculate, without multiple depth measurements along a center axis. But a 15 x 27 rectangular pool with a typical 3' to 8' profile wouldn't have as many gallons as you listed.

Since I started collecting the pool chart data, I've found that way more than 50% of pool owners have significant volume errors, usually overstating their actual pool volume.

Thanks for the reply and the upgrade!

It's definitely and in-ground pool. I'm not certain if it's Concrete or Gunite - How can I tell?

I calculate my pool gallons roughly when I first got it so it's absolutely possible that it's incorrect. It's an odd shape with a connected spa. It's closest to a rectangular pool but tapers off like a kidney shaped pool. Here's a gallery with pictures of my pool. I'll take any measurements you think will help! http://imgur.com/a/f4RRl
    Last edited by JustAlex4tw; 05-31-2014 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Added Picture Gallery
    14k Gal Concrete Oval Pool - Hayward DE6020 Filter

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex4tw View Post
    It's definitely and in-ground pool. I'm not certain if it's Concrete or Gunite - How can I tell?
    Gunite is one form of concrete.

It's not too critical, if you follow the dose => test => dose again approach I advocate. If you try to use the pool store, or even the PoolCalculator.com approach of 'dose all at once', it becomes critical.

Overdosing with chlorine is almost never a problem. Don't try to single-shot doses of anything else, and there won't be a problem.

Edit: volume is not too critical, as long as you don't follow the 'dose all at once' approach.

We may need a better estimate, if at some point you decide to tackle those stains.

+ Reply to Thread