+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help... intex pool left uncovered with some water over winter!!!

Smile Help... intex pool left uncovered with some water over winter!!!

Hello, So we just moved into a new place and the owners left us the 18'X48" easy set inflaitable ring pool.

However they had drained the pool except for about 6" of water, then the left it lay out uncovered under trees all winter!!! There is so many leaves, bugs, frogs, ect. in the pool now. I want to clean it all out and try and salvage this pool. Also I do need to get a new pump, that was left out and no longer works. How would you suggest I go about getting this all done? Also Its green, there is mold, and mildew. Can I just scrub it with bleach, fill, shock, and buy a new pump? Do you think its a lost cause?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks so much for your help!

Lexy

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Help... intex pool left uncovered with some water over winter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud&makeupchevygirl13 View Post
    Can I just scrub it with bleach, fill, shock, and buy a new pump? Do you think its a lost cause?
    As long as it doesn't leak, you can do just that. You will need to get an Intex pump and filter, since otherwise you get into the difficulties of converting from Intex weird sizes to anything standard.

Something like this one:
    Intex Sand Filter Pump 2900 Gallons
    will make your life easier and work with the next pool. (The Easy Set inflatables don't seem to last longs, but succumb rapidly to squirrel or cat claws, or to birds pecking at some bug.)

(I had to laugh at your user name -- I figured you from my part of the country, for sure!)

Pappy is offline PF Supporter Widget Weaver Pappy 0

Default Re: Help... intex pool left uncovered with some water over winter!!!

We just upgraded to a sand filter on our 15ft X 48in Intex. HUGE improvement over the cartridge filter. Check out this thread

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...ter-changeover.

I'll update it with some pics soon.
    Intex 15ftx4ft 4500 gal. 3/4 HP Pentair WhisperFlo pump. Hayward 21" sand filter. Taylor K-2006 & K-1106 kits. PF=27

+ Reply to Thread