+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Getting ready to open 40k gal pool AKA "the Swamp"

Default Re: Getting ready to open 40k gal pool AKA "the Swamp"

I'm pretty sure it is on the plaster. In some spots I can scrub it off but others it won't budge. The roughness started last year when we opened, it was there. Is there anyway I can take bigger pics with the ipad? I have a camera but I need to get a new sd card, so I can do that too but it would be easier to just take them with the ipad!
    IG free-form concrete pool 40,000 gal Sta-Rite cartridge filter

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

The problem with the iPad is not the size of the pic, but the size of the pic it will email! If you send the pic from "camera roll", using the little icon at the bottom left, you have an option to send the picture full size. This can be done from email too, but you have to monkey around with the BCC: line in the email address to expose the size option.

(This is what I HATE about Apple products -- it's rather complicated to do anything Apple didn't think you really ought to want to do -- like save a web page!)

Ok, I'll see if I can figure out the picture thing. I hope I can take some pics tomorrow, it has been rainy all day today. I'll send some as soon as I can.

I sent some pics, finally! So my most recent tests show FC: 16.5 CC: 0 pH: 7.2 TA: 80 CH: 310 CYA: 40. The last few days I have found random spots of algae. They are Very small and I can brush it off easily. So do I need to keep the FC up even though it holds overnight? I didn't know if you could see the roughness very well in my pics but I thought I'd see if you could tell what it is.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

We usually advise to keep the chlorine high for one additional day and then let it drift down and keep it in the proper range based on the Best Guess Chlorine CHART.

How has your pool season been?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

It has been great! Clear all summer, only adding bleach and muriatic acid(when pH gets high). It has been wonderful!

That's excellent! All those years of fighting algae... And opening with frogs? Oh my! I know the K2006 and all the help from the great moderators here at the Pool Forum have truly made you feel confident and in charge of your pool. I know I am in debt to this forum and am so very grateful. Good job on hanging in there and believing! Enjoy the rest of your season! Btw, did you ever resolve the roughness of the pool surface?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Great story!

I've always said there's nothing magical or mystical in pool care. Just have to clear away the "magic" and "mysticism" pool chem companies, and pool stores dish out.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread